Armada is an Asigra Partner
As a 5 time member of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup Software and Integrated Appliances, Asigra has always had a vision to create the best backup and recovery software platform in the industry. In the beginning, data was protected over phone lines; now their software is delivered by Asigra Partners in the cloud or on-premise and for everything from mobile devices to entire data centers.
Through the years, Asigra has been first to market with many of the data protection technologies that are now cornerstones of business continuity and disaster recovery strategies. Whether it’s multi-tenancy, security, tiered recovery, Continuous Data Protection (CDP) or deduplication, Asigra, through Asigra Partners, has pioneered advancements in cloud backup and recovery that result in better business outcomes.
Secure and Compliant
- Asigra encrypts the data in-flight and at-rest from cradle to grave.
- FIPS 140-21 certified - an independent third-party certification
- From handheld devices like tablets (DS-Tablet Client) and smart phones (DS-SmartPhone Client) to remote laptops (DS-Mobile Client)or remote office or branch sites (DS-Client) to central data repositories within the data center (DS-System or BLM)
- Key escrow management
- Password rotation support
Asigra customers can choose from encryption strengths that range from triple DES 56-bit with an 8-character key, to AES 256-bit with a 32-character key.
Asigra maintains backward compatibility of its software so that even now, using the most current release of Asigra, users can still access and retrieve data encrypted with DES 56-bit encryption years ago.
Request a Quote
Provide a few details and we'll send you an estimate
30 Day Trial
Limited time offer: try free for 30 days
Asigra Cloud Backup Integrated Deduplication
- De-duplication - our technology support local/client-side deduplication at Local Area Network (LAN) level as well as global deduplication (known as Common File Elimination) across all protected sites. Asigra Cloud Backup identifies duplicate data by looking for the same data queued for backup more than once. All data is compared based on its content, so it does not matter if the files are on different servers or have different names. Common data is stored to the appropriate repository and a pointer/stub is used to point from the data’s original location to the library location. This is a continuous process, as common data can appear at any time.
- Initial backup is a full backup. From that point on Asigra Cloud Backup only transmits new/changed data (incremental forever). This results in significant bandwidth savings
- Data compression – the compression ratio achieved with data compression is dependent on data type. Higher compression ratios can be achieved for databases than for image or audio files. Since, compressing already compressed data can increase the file size, Asigra technology has the intelligence to detect compressed files and it skips re-compression of such files